REGISTRATION FOR NEXT YEAR IS OPEN! Join us in OC, NJ. Preliminary details are below, more details to follow as we develop this year's schedule. Take advantage of the EARLY BIRD pricing by registering before Oct 1st, 2018.
5th Annual Thai Medicine & Massage Gathering, April 5 - 8, 2019
Mark the dates, reserve your spot, and join us.
(Thai massage teachers, if you'd like to attend with some students, send us your email so we can tell you about our special Teacher's Discount).
Please be patient, 2019's details will be updated as we finalize plans, but this will give you an idea of how awesome it will be so you can RESERVE THE DATES and register to join us at the Early Bird Discount!
Meanwhile, here's a few comments from last year's attendees:
- "Come empty and leave full........"
- "THE event in North America for practitioners of TTM! It was wonderful to connect with the Thai Massage community while delving into both theoretical and practical pieces of TTM. I walked away with a full heart and renewed love for the profession. A long-time client was convinced I'd gone to another training and was practicing new techniques! Nope, just carried the energy of the Gathering back onto the mat." (Lauren W)
- "Safety, diversity, rebuilding, rewiring, community, passion, inspiration, knowledge, & love - why I'll keep coming back."
- "Love you all so much. Thank you Rose for putting this together - What an honor and beautiful experience you have created."
- "You have to open if you want to be found."
- "Sharing kind and loving energy with other people is one of life's greatest gifts."
- "This is the most important event in Traditional Thai Medicine in the US at present. It is our Annual Conference where you will find profound learning and support for your practice. Don't miss it! "
- "Dense educational fun experience. Great meeting so many practitioners."
- "Thai Jam provides an opportunity to broaden our scope of practice, while having fun and meeting people from all over the country. "
- "A gathering of Thai massage professionals, teachers, practitioners and students freely sharing knowledge, skills, and experiences with enthusiasm, compassion, and respect."
- "Well organized, thought out and considerate gathering!"
- "So great to fellowship with other practitioners."
Join us for this collaborative event in it’s 5th year! We strive to foster a welcoming, inclusive environment for multiple styles, voices, perspectives, and experience levels.
-at the NJ shore in Ocean City, just south of Atlantic City
-unique workshops with wonderful teachers (our core group the last 5 years of Rose J. Griscom, Pamela Herrick, Gregory Oed, Pierce Salguero, and Al Turner II) and this year’s guest presenter Nephyr Jacobsen from the Naga Center in Portland Oregon, sharing her extensive knowledge on herbal medicine as well as on women's health in traditional Thai and Lanna medicine (by the way, a note from Nephyr: "men, women, and all genders mixed and matched and in-between are welcome at anything I teach") … and possibly another guest presenter or two.
-participate in interactive discussions which will enrich your knowledge and session treatments, practice daily Reusi Dat Ton (the thai hermit's yoga techniques of movement and breath), explore beyond traditional palpation, exchange bodywork, indulge in shared community time together, and come away renewed and refreshed with new skills to explore with your clients.
-have a look at our Statement on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion created at the 2018 Gathering here
-play/share/trade/connect with other therapists
-teacher-led hands-on demonstrations and practices
-a comfortable space in downtown Ocean City NJ, three blocks from the beautiful beach and boardwalk
-THAI and NCBTMB 28 CEs for attending the full event (CEs are not currently offered for partial attendance)
-attend 1, 2, 3 or 4 days (the best price is for all 4 days)
-Space is limited! Register early to hold your spot. Last year we sold out.
-four days, 28CEs, $450 full price for one person, DISCOUNTED to $325 for Early Bird Registration through OCTOBER 1st 2018 (or save even more if you BRING A FRIEND and register together before Oct 1st, only $300 each). See the links at the bottom of this page.
-SINGLE DAY ATTENDANCE is also available, register by Oct 1st for only $100/day
-Overnight housing is provided in town with other attendees in a comfortable fully-equipped condo at the Early Bird Pricing of $125 for all 3 nights (Fri/Sat/Sun) for registration by October 1st, 2018. Some single rooms are available for an additional $50 fee. If you’re traveling from out of town and are arriving the night before, or just want to hang at the beach a bit longer, you can extend your housing two extra nights (Thu & Mon) for only $50 total. Reserve your spot early to ensure the rate and availability! See the link for HOUSING, and write a note on your registration, or contact us.
-Preliminary Schedule, April 5 - 8, 2019: FRIDAY 11:00am-6:30pm, SATURDAY 9am-8pm, SUNDAY 9am-9pm, MONDAY 9am-3pm.
As an example of what we do, 2018's Gathering included guest presentations by Phillip Behrns and Sudevi Kramer, and covered subjects like Royal Thai Massage and Tok Sen, Buddhist Healing and Ceremony, Exploring Inclusivity for Teachers, Wind Gates & Sen, Spirit Medicine, Vedic Thai-Yoga, and lots of Open Mat practice.
click on the photo above for a short slideshow from 2018's Gathering (most, but not quite all, of the photos by Lisa Mott)